Terrible internet & phone service!

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Guest's review of Sky Broadband

“Terrible internet and phone service!”

Written on: 28/04/2013

We took out Sky broadband with free weekend calls in September last year. For the first month or so we did not encounter problems, however ever since then we have had internet cutting out frequently at random times, and the phone line not working for days on end. The phone line produces no dial tone, and since we receive no mobile signal in the house, this is very problematic, and we are missing out on free calls. When we inform Sky, they tell us it will be fixed within 72hrs, but this doesn't happen.
Similarly we had no internet for 11 days recently, at great inconvenience, with no helpful input from Sky. I was quite insulted to be told we would be reimbursed £3.21 for this period of disrupted service, and if we wanted to cancel the internet, we would be subject to a £60 cancellation fee. And this wasn't the first time our internet has broken for a prolonged period.
When I tried to complain about this recently by phone, I was told that it 'wasn't posible' to speak to someone about the poor service or talk about reimbursement. So basically they didn't want to hear our complaint, and weren't willing to do anything about it.
I can honestly say I would never use Sky talk or internet again. I seem to have been on the phone to them daily for weeks, and nothing has been resolved . In my opnion, they are in breach of the contract with the service they are providing, but since I have been told I am not able to speak to anyone about this, there appears to be little I can do apart from advise everyone else to stay clear of Sky!!!!!!

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Techexpert's Comment

Written on: 14/05/2013

often these problems are caused by unwilling or disrespectful costomers, if their is a fault on the line affecting broadband and talk, ultimately it is openreach who will fix it and they can be slow to do this if dig work is needed.