Avoid! Unreliable, Unusable at peak times, VERY SLOW.

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Guest's review of Sky Broadband

“Avoid! Unreliable, Unusable at peak times, VERY SLOW.”

Written on: 26/03/2013

I swapped to sky fibre after being a long term very satisfied bt adsl customer, i was excited about the idea of on demand tv and multiple devices all online at once and it seemed like a good idea to have my tv phone and broadband in one bill. WOW was i disapointed the connection has been unreliable dropping to unusable speeds at peak times, i have contacted sky repeatedly about the problem but unfortunately for me at peak times when my internet becomes unusable this coinsides with the time sky fibre help go home, so theres no one about to help until the morning when my speeds are generally good. I have been with bt having my internet from the same telephone exchange for 15 years ive had 56k, isdn, 2mb adsl and 5mb adsl all very reliable and never let me down. Ive been with sky fibre for just over a month ive found the staff are very well trained in apologising but there internet service is SO BAD i honestly would not use them again if they were the only provider and gave me the service for free.

Back with good old bt on the 3rd of April and i will be refusing to pay sky for this months trouble which is what they call a service.

After searching google in frustration with my connection provided by sky, i found im not alone, if your internet connection is important to you, do yourself a favour and AVOID SKY fibre broadband

• Reliability