So far, So Good

• Speed Consistency

Guest's review of Sky Broadband

“So far, So Good”

Written on: 06/01/2012

I would just like to add a little balance to the reviews shown, here, to prove it's not all bad. That's not to detract from others' experience.

I had previously had line rental from BT & broadband from Zen. Although there had never been any problems with either service provider, the cost was becoming prohibitive: £14 per month for BT & £25 per month for Broadband. However, Sky Broadband(not Connect) has just become available in my area.

Having checked out the costs, Sky advised me that they would be able to supply both line rental & unlimited broadband for less than £20 per month - quite a saving, I'll think you'll agree. In addition, Sky estimated that I would receive download speeds of between 11-19 MB/S.

Looking at some of the comments on this site I was concerned about reliability. But, Sky gave a guarantee that I could opt out of the 12 month contract if the overall speed was less than 8MB/S, provided I notified them within 3 months. On this basis, I decided to proceed to place my order.

Well, it's now 3 weeks since both line rental & broadband were changed to Sky. To my delight, the switch went ever so smoothly. In addition, I have an average speed of 13 MB/S, which is fantastic, compared to my old service of around 4-6 MB/S.

As a final bonus, I also received Sky Movies , free for 2 months. Not bad all round. Long may it continue.

• Reliability