So bad...

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

devotedsniper's review of Sky Broadband

“So bad...”

Written on: 19/08/2011 by devotedsniper (1 review written)

Becoming a student and moving into a student house was exciting living there with virgin 10mb made my life easy, no issues other than the odd maintenance, come time to move back in my parents....god save me...

During the 2 year i didn't live there they switched to a sky package (10mb with tv) and my god it is the most unreliable, slow package i've ever used. On the 10mb package we get on average 4MB/s (bear in mind on virgins 10mb/s we got an average of 9MB/s, very good), online gaming? laggy at times, sometimes smooth, streaming videos? stop start, webcam? laggy. terrible never had any of these issues with both my parents 2mb NTL/virgin (when virgin brought NTL) and my student houses 10mb.

Now the router/modem which is supplied is one of the causes of this terrible service, if say my parents log on on the downstairs internet it kicks me off and wont let me back on for 5-10 mins while the other computer is fine. The best part? your not allowed to change the router/modem for something else as the log in details are hidden on the router along with the fact sky will NOT tell you them. Now i can get them myself (being a computer tech makes life easy sometimes) but if i risk putting my own hardware and sky find out they have the right to cut me off, talk about being forceful.

DO NOT USE THEM!