they work!! you just need to be patient!!

tatsplat's review of Avent Niplette

Avent Niplette

“they work!! you just need to be patient!!”

Written on: 25/12/2011 by tatsplat (1 review written)

I had had inverted nipples since birth, seems to be something that runs in the family because my mom had them and my sisters, too. I suppose they were grade 2 or even 3 because they didn't come out even when it was cold or if I tried to get them out with my fingers... I had just holes where they are now! (and apparently niplette doesn't work on grade 3 inverted nipples, but on mine, yes!) I had never really been embarrassed about mine (my attitude with men - if you don't like me how I am, then you're not right for me, either!) but I started to think about how I would breastfeed my kids. My sister used nipplette to correct her nipples in order to breastfeed, so I thought I would try it out. In the box, you get a small, plastic case, two tiny plastic cups with plastic tubes with springs attached, a plastic syringe and some breast shells. It's relatively simple to use, you just put the cups over your nipples or where they would be!!! and use the syringe to suck all the air out. The first few times I used it it was a little bit painful, but only uncomfortable, nothing excruciating. Sometimes when I took them off the cups were filled with a yellowy liquid....ewwww! This because I was sucking too hard! Plus I had some soreness around my nipples where the cup sat again because I was sucking too hard but I used an antiseptic cream with antibiotics in and it all went away very quickly. I wore mine as much as possible, about 12 hours a day! You can see them under a tight top, although since it's winter it wasn't hard to hide them under a sweater so I wore them out and about a couple of times, but luckily for me I work only in the afternoon so in the morning I was able to wear them around the house. I also wore them at night with a comfortable bra, sometimes they would fall off but I think it's normal - people move around a lot in their sleep, I don't think Avent can do much about it! Anyway after about six weeks of use my nipples are permanently out and I'm very happy - the instructions say that if they retract again, you can just use niplette intermittently, but I've stopped using it for a few days now and my nipples are still out! If you have patience this product really does work!

Guest's Response to tatsplat's Review

Written on: 04/01/2012

when you first used it, did the suction make your nipple come out at all straight away or did it take time?

Ashyyyy's Response to tatsplat's Review

Written on: 18/01/2012

Did your nipples become cracked while using this?

Tatsplat's Response to tatsplat's Review

Written on: 05/01/2012

When I first used it they came out but not right out into the cup, at the end they filled the plastic cup easily and without pain