Change for the worse

Guest's review of Kelloggs Special K Red Berries

Kelloggs Special K Red Berries

“Change for the worse”

Written on: 19/05/2013

Yesterday I bought a box of Special K Red Berries which is my favourite breakfast cereal. On the box it said 'Delicious new 3 grain recipe'. This morning I tried this 'improved product' and, as I thought, they have ruined the best cereal in the shops. Where before the flakes were sweet and tasty to eat even without the lovely freeze-dried fruit, now they are dull, tastless and even with the lovely red berries mixed in, it tasted so cardboard-esque that I had to add sugar, which defeats the whole purpose of buying Special K.

Why do Kelloggs insist on changing the recipe of one of their best selling products? Surely it will just mean that people will stop buying their cereals?

If Kelloggs had offered a sample to try before I spent my money on their 'improved' recipe, I wouldn't have wasted my money. Next time I will buy the supermarket's own version.

Paoloc's Comment

Written on: 01/09/2013

Totally agree. Kellogs have ruined the taste of my favourite cereals: Special K and Special Oat and Honey with their so called "delicious 3 grain recipe",,,and won't be buying either of them again..,..