Devastated

Guest's review of Force Wheatflakes

Force Wheatflakes

“Devastated”

Written on: 04/08/2013

The most delicious, crunchy cereal that is quite unique in the market place - all the teenagers who came to my house when my 3 boys were growing up absolutely loved this cereal, but had never seen it before - Nestle - it simply needs better promotion. It is simply the best cereal.

Joelli's Comment

Written on: 12/05/2014

I was in Waitrose today and see that they are now doing a cereal called Grape Nuts Flakes, by brand name Post. Unlike the name, they actually contain neither grapes not nuts, but the same ingredients as Force Flakes did - light crispy, toasted whole wheat flakes and barley malt being the main ones. They also look pretty much the same! Have yet to try them, but I think this is as close as we are going to get because I've searched high and low for a replacement, without and luck! I also believe that Waitrose brought these in as a replacement because, apart from Sainsburys, they were the only supermarket to sell Force Flakes, and quite a few customers expressed their disappointment when they were no longer able to get them there. After much frustration trying to find anything remotely similar, these do look promising; I shall post back once I've tried them!