Increased premium after call out

• Speed of response

• Customer service

JuliaH91's review of Green Flag Breakdown Cover

“Increased premium after call out”

Written on: 21/06/2013 by JuliaH91 (1 review written)

No complaint with service received for call out, however my premium increased by 37%!!!!!!!! the year after I called out once. NOT acceptable. With my previous supplier you were allowed 3 call outs before you were penalized. I have very rarely used the service in all the years I've been covered, it should be assessed on your overall history which should be available to 'take with you' as with NCD for insurance. Back to the comparison site for me.

• Speed of response

• Customer service

J9Jingo's Response to JuliaH91's Review

Written on: 16/07/2013

They did this with me, so I checked my cover by doing a new quote online with Greenflag, guess what, not only was it cheaper but I could get a better cover for less than what they were trying to charge in my renewal, when I called the Customer Service team (waited for 20 mins) the first girl I spoke to had no real interest in trying to help me, she advised that it was cheaper online to "attract new customers", well if that's how they treat existing customers no wonder they need a purge on advertising, I then rang again (15 min wait) and spoke to a lovely guy who not only matched the online quote, increased my cover and I was able to keep my 2 years no claims discount - try it !