Silver membership holder who couldn't get roadside recovery

• Speed of response

• Customer service

HGV-driver-32's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“Silver membership holder who couldn't get roadside...”

Written on: 20/02/2013 by HGV-driver-32 (1 review written)

I had called the aa when my car was hit when it was parked on my friends road in Brighton, they said that they where sending a truck but after 2 hours of waiting they said that it was still coming and that the driver was in traffic. Another hour had passed with no aa truck to be seem and when I called the aa they said that the truck couldn't make it to my vehicle because it was on a hill because somehow vehicles can't drive up a main road that is on a hill.
My car was stuck unable to start for 3 days on the side of the road before I got fed up with aa's ever changing story of why they couldn't come to take my vehicle to the local car garage so I called a local repair company who came and collected my vehicle within 45 minutes.
When I called to cancel my aa cover the guy who answered the call was rude, dismissive and rejected to allow me to cancel my cover. Ever since making the call I have received a barrage of aa related sales calls which is undeniably unprofessional.

The Aa's Response to HGV-driver-32's Review

Written on: 22/02/2013

Hello HGV-driver-32. This is very concerning, the scene you describe certainly doesn’t sound typical of our usual high standards. There are a number of points raised in your post that we would very much like to discuss with you. Please could you email into us, our address is chat@theaa.com and title your email Reference FOR35538. We look forward to hearing from you. The AA