Silver membership holder who couldn't get roadside recovery

• Speed of response

• Customer service

HGV-driver-32's review of AA Breakdown Cover

“Silver membership holder who couldn't get roadside...”

Written on: 20/02/2013 by HGV-driver-32 (1 review written)

I had called the aa when my car was hit when it was parked on my friends road in Brighton, they said that they where sending a truck but after 2 hours of waiting they said that it was still coming and that the driver was in traffic. Another hour had passed with no aa truck to be seem and when I called the aa they said that the truck couldn't make it to my vehicle because it was on a hill because somehow vehicles can't drive up a main road that is on a hill.
My car was stuck unable to start for 3 days on the side of the road before I got fed up with aa's ever changing story of why they couldn't come to take my vehicle to the local car garage so I called a local repair company who came and collected my vehicle within 45 minutes.
When I called to cancel my aa cover the guy who answered the call was rude, dismissive and rejected to allow me to cancel my cover. Ever since making the call I have received a barrage of aa related sales calls which is undeniably unprofessional.

The Aa's Response to HGV-driver-32's Review

Written on: 22/02/2013

Hello HGV-driver-32. This is very concerning, the scene you describe certainly doesn’t sound typical of our usual high standards. There are a number of points raised in your post that we would very much like to discuss with you. Please could you email into us, our address is and title your email Reference FOR35538. We look forward to hearing from you. The AA