Best Breadmaker I have ever used

• Style

• Service & Support

susanebarnes's review of SilverCrest SBB 850 EDS A1

SilverCrest SBB 850 EDS A1

“Best Breadmaker I have ever used”

Written on: 24/02/2012 by susanebarnes (3 reviews written)

Having had my Hinari bread maker for more than 10 years it was looking a bit past its best, so, when I saw the Silvercrest SBB 850 A1 bread maker in Lidl for less than £35.00, I thought I would take a chance and buy it. I have been more than satisfied with the results - the bread actually looks like a traditional loaf due to the oblong shaped baking pan. Texture, flavour and crust colour is excellent for both white and wholewheat bread and I will be trying out a multiseeded loaf next! The manual and recipe book are easy to follow and the controls easy to use. Also works very well with packet mixes - my favourite make is Hovis. The bread comes off the paddles easily when cooked but a hook is supplied to assist if they don't. The machine also comes with a measuring beaker and spoon so everything you need is there. It is possible to remove the paddles from the dough after the last kneading so the bread won't have holes in the bottom. Only problem I have found with this machine is that the hinge seems a bit flimsy, and the pan is quite difficult to get in and out of the machine and does require a bit of brute force, although my husband doesn't find it a problem! If you want a bread machine, this is the one.

• Under a month

Owned Product For:

• Traditional loaf shape, timer, choice of crust

Special Features