Never, never order online from Foyles- Expensive mistake

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Heisenberg1's review of Foyles

“Never, never order online from Foyles- Expensive mistake”

Written on: 13/10/2013 by Heisenberg1 (1 review written)

I ordered a book on microlight pilot instructions from Foyles in June and paid the £4.50 extra 1st class post for next day delivery. I never received any further communication from them until I received the book in late August, by which time I had sourced the book elsewhere. When I eventually got in touch with their customer services,(after numerous emails and phone calls) I was blatantly lied to by a representative, who informed me that the reason there was a delay was that a new edition had been printed and that they were waiting for that to come out. She stated that a mail had been sent to me advising me of this. I asked her to resend this to me. She never did. During this conversation she instructed me to return the book with a copy of the invoice so that i could be refunded.
I did as I was instructed and I have not received any further communication from them in almost 6 weeks. This whole experience has left me out of pocket nearly £25 and I have absolutely nothing to show for it. I have continued to try to contact Foyles by mail and phone, but they never respond. Do yourself a favour and avoid using this company at all costs. They are utterly pathetic

• Online