Poor programmers

Begs's review of Worcester Bosch Boiler

“Poor programmers”

Written on: 28/03/2013 by Begs (1 review written)

Fitted 37CDi Sept.2012. The first two programmers failed, I am now on my third. Recently I came home to a freezing house, to find that after a power cut in sub zero temp, the boiler had switched itself off and I had to restart it manually. Worcester inform me that this is normal as the boiler will not resume function automatically in these sircumstances. The control system for the boiler is poor and I have little confidence in the heating system. TB Lancashire.

Oldboiler's Response to Begs's Review

Written on: 02/04/2013

I too have had three programmers. In despair I tried moving the radio-controlled receiver - first close by the boiler and when that worked well, further away. No problems since. It was easy to remove the controller from the wall. However, although I've had the boiler 5+ years, the house has been colder as I've lost a cosy hot water tank upstairs and a warm floor-mounted boiler in the kitchen. This means I've now got to insulate the house better.