Pump failure

Awareness13's review of Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 831

“Pump failure”

Written on: 08/07/2013 by Awareness13 (1 review written)

Thought I was paying more for reliability. After 4 to 5 years pump failed and the replacement cost £340, total including installation £400. I can see there are other common issues too. How can the replacement cost be justified ?.

Markh802's Response to Awareness13's Review

Written on: 06/10/2013

Think you were ripped off with the price of the pump, can be bought for £90 would seriously think on before you use that gas fitter again the mark up is disgusting!!

Awareness13's reply to Markh802's Comment

Written on: 06/10/2013

Not sure if my reply submission worked. Here goes again. I know the installer well and although I can't be 100% sure I would be very surprised if he has ripped me off. I assume you are familiar with the exact specification. The replacement was different to the original. Apparently there is a special connection. Do you know about the internal leaking water connection that had to replaced with a different design too? I will check with my installer.
My mother's Ecotec had a problem too.

Fastflame's Response to Awareness13's Review

Written on: 09/11/2013

A replacement pump inc fitting is £ 250 , thats what i charge my customers , so i am afraid you got ripped off .
Always get 3 quotes .

5 Years is half the boilers life expectancy so dont grumble to much .

Vaillant boilers are the best choice on the market for reliability .