Very good boilers IF fitted correctly

Frankytheeel's review of Glowworm 30Cx Flexicom Condensing Combi Boiler

“Very good boilers IF fitted correctly ”

Written on: 19/06/2013 by Frankytheeel (1 review written)

I fit about 2-3 Flexicom boilers every month. Have done for 3 years. I also used to work for Glowworm so I know the product very well. I wouldn't fit something if it wasn't any good. To date I have had one failure which was dealt with the next day by Glowworm. Alot of the reviews here need to be removed in my opinion as they have nothing to do with the boiler whatsoever.
Faults caused by dirt is down to poor installation
Low pressure has naff all to do with the boiler
If your condense is freezing the boiler has not been fitted properly!
If your complaining about glowworm engineers fine, but this is a review of a product not a company !

I wish people would actually just review the product as its quite possible my customers may read this and I don't want them thinking I have sold them a lemon.

The very early version of this boiler DID have some issues :
Loud ignition and general ignition issues: caused by a design quirk in the heat exchanger, now fixed with an updated heat exchanger
Leaking from left hand rubber hose: This is a problem that has affected alot of boilers under the Vaillant umbrella including vaillant, no vaillant group products come with rubber hoses any longer so this fault is cured.
Leaking from rear support block : Batch fault from a few years back

Thats it, with Vaillant in charge, any design faults are designed out, its the German way ! I wouldn't have had one of these boilers pre 2008, but now I'm happy to recommend them to my customers and supplying them with a full 5, 7 or 10yr warranty. They are excellent value for money and one of the most compact boilers on the market, as well as having a rear flue option which only one other boiler on the market has. Also Glowworm own controls are second to known. Weather compensation and modulation control is a breeze.

Nicholaswhite's Response to Frankytheeel's Review

Written on: 03/06/2014

You said a lot of reviews need to be removed as they having nothing to do with the boiler -- I TOTALLY AGREE
I have a 35cxi -- it works fine -- give it 5 stars