good with dogs, but not people.

Bonniejess's review of 5 Star Felsted, Great Dunmow, Essex

“good with dogs, but not people.”

Written on: 16/08/2013 by Bonniejess (1 review written)

The reason I have given this only a 3, I will explain. I am perfectly happy with how my dogs have been cared for, and am a returning customer who leaves a tip. On my last visit, I turned up for my dogs, was very stressed, was in a hurry, with family issues. Did not know kennels did not take cards, my bill was £30 I had £29.80 on me, I had given a £5 tip last time, but was made to drive all the way back to Great Dunmow, I am not from the Dunmow area so do not know it well. I found that rather harsh, given my circumstances that were known to the kennels, I think they could have on this occasion overlooked 20p.
I was not even allowed to see my dogs without this 20p, would you really have refused to give me my dogs back if I had no other way to pay? I found this rather upsetting, and have doubts about using this place again. It is not customer friendly, and the woman on the counter clearly did not care at all that I didn't actually have time to run around looking for a shop or bank machine.
It is a shame, because as I say, a lovely safe place for my dogs, but very upset by the inhumanity of certain of those running this place, which has indeed cost them custom. Was it worth it 5 star, Felsted?

• uk