Written on: 14/08/2012 by afttak (6 reviews written)
Finally Samsung 3D Blu-ray player (BD6500) is here to test my new Samsung 3D Plasma TV (PS43D490).
Box opened, & there comes out, sleek, compact, glassy back player, with remote & high speed 1.4 version HDMi cable (which is supposed to be must for watching 3D movies).
I simply made quick connection with interactive menu setting of the player while connection with supplied HDMi cable. The player suggests TV screen size, resolution, format, 3D setting (which usually must be set to ‘auto’). Although player wasn't able to ‘detect’ my WiFi router while my android phone was working well with that signal (however, the player finally detected WiFi when I reduced the distance), yet WiFi setting was too clumsy & net speed was much slower & annoying. Actually a remote control cannot be good replacement of a keyboard!
Well, no problemo, the main purpose to buy this player was to watch 3D movies not surfing on net! & it worked well!. 3D depth, color saturation, contrast, motion flow, all were fantastic, no jitter or ghosting in 3D images. I tested with 3 Blu-ray movies (Ice Age 3, The Mysterious Island & IMAX Born with the wild).
Later I also tested 25GB 2D movies & with DVD 9 discs (MI3 Ghost protocol) & the player results were promising.
• Sleek & light weight
• Fluorescent touch button
• Easy Menu like new Samsung TVs
• Front USB for playback of bundle of high-def format
• Rear HDMI hi-speed steaming
• High speed 1.4 v HDMI cable included
• Optical output
• Separate Component / composite output (though not many players have composite outputs)
• WiFi Ready
• Built-in audio decoders Dolby Digital DTS decoder Dolby TrueHD DTS-HD decoder Dolby Digital Plus
• Any net connection share feature (i.e. you can control certain player menu via TV remote)
• Media type DVD+R BD-ROM BD-R BD-RE CD-R DVD CD DVD+RW DVD-R DVD-RW CD-RW
• Great integration with latest Samsung plasma & 3D led TVs • No physical buttons to get broken
• One USB port.
• WiFi net is too slow & clumsy to set.
• This player needs strong WiFi signals to detect & connect, irrespective of many android phones.
• Remote control operation is slow to work
• Front florescent panel don’t show media type / format (i.e. whether it is 3D BD, DVD or VCD is being played back.
• Lack of color, contrast picture setting
I strongly recommend this player for watching high-def 3D movies, except net surfing.
" Our families review " Read More
Written by TheRounds
" Easier than a Samsung TV " Read More
" Never had an issue " Read More
Written by joshtay
" Samsung 3D Blu Ray DVD player " Read More
Written by Chris at sandhurst
" Samsung 3D Blu ray player (BD6500) " Read More
Written by afttak