Awesome

Guest's review of McVities Digestive Biscuits

McVities Digestive Biscuits

“Awesome”

Written on: 20/11/2012

Really good and has a lot of taste in it.
The undisputed king of the large diameter biscuits, this is truly an iconic biscuit.

Found in two main varieties, SweetMeal and WholeMeal, the digestive biscuit sets a standard for the whole biscuit world. Its satisfying nature make the biscuit eater consider how many to have at a time 1,2 or maybe 3. It's versatile providing the base for many more elaborate biscuits, (see Chocolate Caramels), and even chocolate covered biscuit bars such as the Breakaway, or the base for Cheesecakes.

Once again the biscuit shown here is from McVities, and its a WholeMeal. Other people attempt to make digestives but they taste like cardboard compared to the mighty McVities.

I have seen girls slip a sheet of kitchen roll in the bottom of their biscuit tins, when opening a new packet of digestives, and although this is completely unnecessary, it is strangely alluring.

I like this because it is really tasteful and has a rich flavor to it.
Having conducted a rather interesting experiment with a digestive biscuit we thought you would be very excited at the results and therefore would like to share it with you.
We came across this exciting find rather by accident in Waitrose Dorking. My colleague Liz and I were purchasing some digestive biscuits for later this pm and a jar of mayonnaise for lunch time to go with our cheese toasties. At the checkout, with just the digestives and mayonnaise, we were telling the checkout lady how we were going to enjoy mayonnaise digestives for lunch - a passaway comment from one of us about dunking them in tea then followed. To our amazement the checkout lady considered the prospect of this exciting new creation until she realised (because we were laughing) that we were indeed joking.
However, on walking back to the office Liz and I decided that we should in fact carry out this experiment and to our complete surprise found out that it works wonderfully well. However I should state - for safety reasons, that you MUST dunk the biscuit prior to dipping in the mayonnaise or risk horrendously ruining the sacred tea.