Dreams?

Guest's review of Dreams Beds

“Dreams?”

Written on: 11/04/2013

We purchased a bed frame and mattress from Dreams Northampon 2,5 years ago. Delivery etc. was ok, but when the bed arrived, the headboard was chipped and the timber support frame for the mattress (wooden planks the mattress rests on) wasn't really the right size, it was a little too short, which we fixed ourselves with some DIY. We just accepted the chip on the headboard as the delivery guy wasn't willing to do anything about it and I thought taking it any further would probably be futile.

This morning I had a rather rude awakening as the bed just suddenly fell through on one side as part of the timber that keeps the frame in place snapped off. On yet more DIY repair, I concluded that the timber used was probably about the same quality as fire wood and that there are cracks visible all over the inside of the bed frame in the timber, suggesting we can expect more surprises soon. This is hardly what I would expect for a bed we paid quite a decent amount of money for. The last bed we had was from Ikea at a third of the price and that was still going strong after 5 years. We only got rid of it as we moved.

The mattress is also starting to get pretty worn, I'm starting to feel the springs in it, which is also quite disappointing, especially considering I turned it every year.

I'd never buy from Dreams again and would certainly recommend anybody else buying from them either.

• Other

Product Type

Drpnv's Comment

Written on: 20/04/2013

Really bad experience with Dreams. The customer services is the most hopeless I have ever come across. I bought a Vienna Ottoman king size bed and I had paid for assembly as well. It broke while they were assembling.We waited 3 months for the replacement and we had to contact the customer services a number of times. Ultimately the day when the bed was supposed to come, the customer manager rang us mentioning that the bed is not going to be replaced and we are going to replace the part. We got so frustrated that we had to cancel the order and we had to call 3 times in order to cancel it as they never cancelled. They asked us to go to the shop and adjust the finance in the shop where we bought which was about 15 miles from our home and when we went there we were told that it cannot be done there as it will be done through customer services and someone will ring us. We are still waiting for the money. The name of their shop Dreams should be prefixed with Bad or changed to Nightmares. This is what they give to their valued customers. Extremely diappointing.