Sleeping on the floor thanks to dreams

cheshirechris2012's review of Dreams Beds

“Sleeping on the floor thanks to dreams”

Written on: 06/07/2012 by cheshirechris2012 (1 review written)

Ordered a bed from dreams 3 wks ago thinking i was getting a bargain, they confirmed delivery on the website when i ordered, i then received a call to confirm delivery again and two days later the day before the bed was due another call to say that they would be here between 11am and 3pm. So having decorated my bedroom and looking forward to my new bed to complete it i get another call at 5pm the night before delivery to say the beds out of stock and they will contact me within 7 days to confirm a new delivery date. "but you've already confirmed it twice" i said "how can it be out of stock?" "we confirm delivery before we have the stock so we can arrange things better" he said and hung up!
The next day i rang dreams back to complain and it seems they do confirm delivery even though they know the product may not be in stock so i told him that because they confirmed it i'd disposed of my old bed to make room for the new one "sorry bout that we'll be in touch when we know more" and that i would hear from them within 7 days, so 7 days later still nothing and further calls to dreams are no more fruitful as they say it's been passed to yodel who deal with stock and delivery and i'd have to contact them and see what they say.
They did however say that they would also contact yodel and ring me back.
So i rang yodel who say there is nothing they can do until they receive the bed from dreams as they only deal with delivery and they suggest i contact dreams who will tell me when it's due back in stock, so i told yodel that dreams said i have to contact them to discuss stock availability and was told that yodel are just a delivery firm and have nothing to do with stock.
I am now at my wits end, dreams are not answering the phone they must have knocked off early as it's friday and i'm sleeping on the floor for the foreseeable future. Believe me i will cancel my order if i can ever get through to them and i will never ever buy from them again.
Funnily enough the same bed is showing as available for delivery in two days time on their website!

• Other