OK, but beware of the .co.uk web address

jaggedredux's review of Dell Laptop Batteries www.dell-laptop-batteries.co.uk

Dell Laptop Batteries www.dell-laptop-batteries.co.uk

“OK, but beware of the .co.uk web address”

Written on: 06/10/2012 by jaggedredux (1 review written)

I ordered a laptop battery from top-battery.co.uk for 2 reasons. The first was it appeared to be a UK website, and the secondly the battery was a reasonable price.

I realised something was not quite right when I paid via paypal, and rather than the receipt coming from the company it was from an individual with what appeared to be a Chinese or Far Eastern name.

I then researched the company, and found it was indeed based in the Far East. So, I wrote to them and I was told that the battery was being shipped from a UK warehouse. To be fair the battery arrived in 3 days and seems to be fine.

However, had I known this company was based outside the UK I would have paid a little extra and bought from a British supplier.

So, be aware that this is not a UK company despite the .co.uk website. I can't complain about the battery, but research them yourself before buying and make up your own mind.