A poor service from Tesco

Guest's review of Tesco Finest Bathrooms - www.tescofinestbathrooms.com

“A poor service from Tesco”

Written on: 23/06/2013

We had hoped that the Tesco name would ensure that we received a quality service. What we received was far from acceptable as we are still having problems 6 months after the work was completed.
The bath panel did not fit correctly, the basin leaked, the bath was scratched, the toilet seat was scratched, and the mastic joint around the bath was faulty.
All we wanted was a good quality service from a good quality name. I am not sure what checks Tesco do prior to appointing their subcontractors, so my advice would be to ask to see examples of previous work prior to work being undertaken in your house.

• Goods purchased & cost

Tesco_Finest_Bathrooms's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I'm so sorry to read that you faced so many issues with your bathroom. We always aim to maintain the high standard of the Tesco brand name with our customers however we've clearly let ourselves down here.

If there is anything I can help with at all or if you would simply like to let me know the details of your project, please comment back with your surname and first part of your postcode. I would be more than happy to help where I can.

My sincere apologies again on behalf of the team.

Amy & the Tesco Finest Bathrooms team

Slinkybat's Comment

Written on: 25/06/2013

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my review.

The bathroom was fitted at our Holiday Let property in Littlehampton BN17

We have spent circa £14,000 on a bathroom and kitchen from Tesco and expected a service that was better and more secure than using a company with a lesser name. The Tesco name carries a sense of quality, efficiency, and value for money, which unfortunately is not the case with our bathroom.

We are now on our third bath panel, a basin that has leaked twice, and a basic mastic joint that needed replacing, all whilst our property is being let out to holiday makers, this is on top of the issues raised in my initial review.

We do not feel that we got what we paid for, and have been let down by the Tesco brand.

I am not sure what can be done to compensate us for the poor installation and the six months of disruption and will therefore leave it to you to decide if anything can be done rectify this situation.

Kind regards