A Quality 5 String Bass, if you are on a budget.

From 1 review
  • Sound Quality

• Appearance

MarkRoberts's review of Stellah SRB-5 5 String Bass Guitar

Stellah SRB-5 5 String Bass Guitar

“A Quality 5 String Bass, if you are on a budget.”

Written on: 20/06/2011 by MarkRoberts (2 reviews written)

Have you been thinking about buying a 5 string bass, but don't want to break the bank?
I would highly recommend the Stellah SRB-5 Five string bass. It is consistent in all aspects.
I only paid €155 for it on www.guitar-warehouse.com but reckon it is great value for money overall. It is finished with an elm body, has good quality hardware. The pickups seem to be a generic brand, but deliver a very nice tone. The factory setup was also good. I don't know what else to say but it's a brilliant bass for the money and I use it regularly and it gives my Stingray a run for it's money.

• Sound Quality

• Appearance

• Advanced

Reviewer's Musical Standard

Lesdoyle123's Response to MarkRoberts's Review

Written on: 31/12/2012

Just purchased a used, but almost new Stellah Finesse 4 string left handed bass (with the chrome hardware) in natural finish, with white scratch board. After getting it home I got rid of the strings immediately and re-strung it with a new set of medium light Fender strings, re-filed the nut to suit right handed stringing,(yes I play it upside down !) changed around the spacers, lowered the action, corrected the intonation and fitted a Fender chrome bridge pickup cover to rest my hand on (as I play with a plectrum).
This guitar is just unbelievable, it is truly fantastic, I just bought it to leave in the van in case my lovely USA J-Bass ever meets with an accident when I'm out gigging.
But I can see this becoming a regular feature in the show, it is so light and has the same lovely thumpy P-Bass sound you would expect from a USA P-Bass,no loss or fluctuation in the sound on picking up all 4 strings with equal strenght (great pups), but hey, how can this be ? these things cost somewhere between €100-150 new....I'm not complaining...happy days.... would highly recommend one, at those prices they are like disposable basses, if anything happens just throw it out and buy another!!

Alecphillips's Response to MarkRoberts's Review

Written on: 13/04/2013

Me also, I saved lot of money and it is a good quality.