Excellent all round

Rents's review of Natwest

“Excellent all round”

Written on: 15/06/2012 by Rents (1 review written)

I'm genuinely amazed to see some of the complaints here.

I've banked with NatWest for a little over 6 months and found them totally brilliant.

My cards arrived within a couple of days, I was kept informed by text of every step of the process even down to when important documents had been despatched. Online banking works very well, even better (IMO) is the Android phone app.

I'm one to keep my current account very low and transfer funds in from savings as required. I can literally do this whilst in a queue waiting to make a purchase.

I even had a text earlier saying that I hadn't transferred enough money in to cover some direct debits that went out today. My previous bank (Santander) wouldn't have mentioned it until I was charged a fee. With Natwest they gave me a heads up so I avoided that.

I don't even need my bank card to make cash withdrawals any more (very handy when I forget my wallet) - I can simply use my phone.

I can only imagine the low score here is because people are quick to voice complaints when things go wrong but few people take the time to say how pleased they are.

• Online & Phone banking are fantastic. Set up text alerts by my own criteria.

Special Features

Firebyrd's Response to Rents's Review

Written on: 13/06/2013

you say you find them brilliant after being with them just six months, wait a little longer and I think you will have a far different opinion,

Martinfatguts's reply to Firebyrd's Comment

Written on: 18/07/2013

I agree.
I've been business & personal customer for 20 years.
I think they were a brilliant bank until about 2000.
Then there was a lot of Manager shuffling, and it was hard to know the team in your local branch - or for them to know you - because they kept getting shifted around.
Since 2008 - they have been truly awful. Mistakes made, wrong credit ratings, I've just received a letter out of the blue saying they don't want me to bank with them any more - the complaints team can't see why. Never been in default, all accounts in credit - who knows? It's now been 3 weeks since they wrote to me to say they were looking into my complaint. - No Stars!