Natwest Have LOST over £20.000 of my savings

loxy's review of Natwest

“Natwest Have LOST over £20.000 of my savings ”

Written on: 22/05/2012 by loxy (3 reviews written)

I have to admit I'm more than slightly fuming which is going to impact upon the tone of this but I have had enough of the excuse of a bank called Natwest.. I wondered how they are still in business but then remembered that its because we bailed them out.

Anyway I moved my money to take advantage of the Natwest rate inc bonus, I moved one account from Natwest itself and one from Halifax.

I did this online on a Sunday evening then took the transfer forms directly to a Natwest branch the following day where I was told it would be forwarded and sorted in approx 5 days.

After 10 days stil no response, I went back to the branch and waited in the queue, was then asked to take a seat and they would call me... they actualy then forgot about me and made me wait far longer (a small point but typifies their service to date)

I was told someone would contact me, I was actually called by someone just prior to closing time the next day, they left a message but no number saying they would cal back, that was wo weeks ago and I'm still waiting.

I then contacted them via online help, I was advised that it took 15 working days (this is actually the time limit before HMRC state you should complain) When I pushed I was passed on a couple more times before I actually got hold of someone who could access my details, I was then told that they could see the Halifax transfer but not the Natwest internal one, I asked if they could investigate this but was told no, I would have to call.

I then complained via their comlaints procedure and have been given several holding messages but still no contact, I still have no sight of any funds in my new ISA however Halifax have inormed that this left over 7 days ago.

Hence I've tried to contact Natwest via every channel they offer, have had no one actually take hold of this siituation and have no sight of my money.

From my experience I would never recommend anyone to take out an ISA or any other product with the disgrace of a company that is NATWEST.

I will now take this to the ombudsman.