Baby plan not delivered

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

abbabs69's review of Mothercare

“Baby plan not delivered”

Written on: 04/04/2012 by abbabs69 (1 review written)

We started a baby plan in november 2011. We paid it off in january 2012 and thought great, all we have to do is wait for it to be delivered. I waited in all day for it to be delivered and it never turned up. I phoned up customer services and apparently there had been a problem at the depot and it couldnt be dispatched, mothercare never thought to inform me of this though. the person at customer services who i spoke to was very polite and helpful and i think he has managed to sort the problem out, i just have to wait and see if it arrives. he has tried to redirect it to the store, so i shouldnt have to wait in all day again.

• Salisbury

Branch Visited

• Baby plan £200

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

Guest's Response to abbabs69's Review

Written on: 11/04/2012

Did u get your delivery?

I have had the same problem! We bought our pram, car seat and crib at the start of the year on the baby plan so that we could delay the delivery. When mothercare called to confirm our delivery date I did find it odd the guy I spoke to was almost jittery and worried about speaking to me - now I know why! He knew nothing would turn up!

I was first told the base to my car seat was delayed by a few days which I wasn't too worried about as I have another 4 weeks till baby arrives. I waited in all day yesterday (10/04/12) for nothing to arrive! I called customer service at 10.30am to find out when my delivery would arrive only to be told they didn't know but they did advise who there courier was and gave me tracking numbers so that I could check it online myself. I checked it regularly all day and nothing had left the depot! At 4.30pm I checked again and 2 of my 5 parcels had been loaded for delivery at 12.44pm yet I still didn't have them. I callers customer service again only to be told my parcels had been split and I would only get 2 today. I was furious as I had waiting in all day and have no days free for the rest of the week to wait in. I was told to re-arrange a time myself with the courier for the 3 parcels that's weren't coming but the other 2 would arrive. It also sounded like this is a common issue with the courier based on what the person at customer services told me.

In the end nothing turned up!!! So a day wasted for no reason! Another call to customer services tomorrow to try and find out if I will be delivered the items I've paid for!! I am furious and disgusted at there terrible delivery service, not what you need at 36 weeks pregnant with hormones flying!

Although I've got this issue the customer service people have been polite and helpful to an extend but it sounds like they have no control over it either! They have said they will discuss a goodwill gesture once everything arrives but I don't know if this will happen or not!

Abbabs69's Response to abbabs69's Review

Written on: 11/04/2012

I had to ring customer services again the following morning as the person i had spoken to didn't get back to me, like they said they would. The lady i spoke to that time was great again and sorted the problem out. I think it only got sorted though as i gave them an option, i said i was happy to go to my local mothercare store and collect the same item if they had one instock and then my delivery to be redirected to the store to replace the one i got. I collected the travel system from the store who where very apologetic for the mistake even though it wasn't there fault.

I got home and a few hours later my original travel system arrived by the courier people even though it had the re-direction notice on the box. The delivery man was very rude and un-helpful and said he couldn't take it to the store as it wasn't on his route, even though he had to drive right by the store to get back to the depot.

I rejected the delivery and haven't heard anything since so im assuming the couriers have sorted it themselves.

With regards to a good will gesture, i was also told the same and my travel system arrived almost a week ago and i haven't heard a thing, so im not holding out much hope for that really.

Hope you manage to get it sorted.