Terrible Software!

Guest's review of Avast Antivirus - www.avast.com

Avast Antivirus - www.avast.com Visit avast.com

“Terrible Software! ”

Written on: 23/06/2013

After reading a few gleaming reviews how Avast was head and shoulders above AVG, I decided to make the switch. Ever since I installed this god-awful program, my computer has run at a snail's pace.

It has slowed down my OS, it has slowed down my internet, downloads, uploads and has caused a cold restart twice.

This program is constantly running in the background. It never stops updating, scanning and "shielding" (scrupulously inspecting every single thing you touch with your mouse before it will allow it to run). Even when you go into settings to make it stop running it's crippling scans and updates, it just reverts back to the settings you changed from and continues doing it.

I now understand how this software protects from viruses, malware and spyware. It simply never lets you on the internet!

Remember when Window's Defender first came out and it reduced everyone's computers to doorstops? This is the overprotective brother of Window's Defender.

Despite all of the choirs singing to the glory of this software, I've found that it is absolute garbage. Switching back to AVG. I hate avast!

• Quality