Terrible customer service but AVG quick to take your money

• Quality

RosieFranc's review of AVG Antivirus

AVG Antivirus

“Terrible customer service but AVG quick to take your money”

Written on: 29/10/2012 by RosieFranc (1 review written)

I have had AVG security for my laptop for four years, recommended by an IT firm. Each year renewal is made automatically by AVG. They are contactable when it comes to payment but not easily contactable at all when it comes to queries. In fact they are downright invisible. This year I gotthe Babylon virus and I had to pay and IT chap to come to my home to remove it. He said that the AVG I was running was a version from 2009 although payment had been made in 2010, 2011 and 2012. I tried to contact AVG with queries abotu the version I was running and the possible need to update it to AVG 2012, and if in fact my laptop could handle that version. I realise that onl;ine security can not protect one from every virus, but I weanted to ask what their technical people might have down about the Baby;on virus I got if anything. Well, the first difficulty was getting hold of a telephone nunmber in the UK. The second difficulty was reaching anyone on the telephone. Several times I was cut off, or queuing for over half an hour. I tried online-. I was in their tech chat room for four whole hours wiaiting for someone to answer my queries. I eventually got hold of someone who was inorindately slow and my querstions about AVG upgrade were not anwered. I then tried sending two snail mail letters 7 weeks and 5 weeks ago to their UK HQ near Nottingham, with a complaint about the poor customer service experience and have heard back precisely nothing. So I do not know if my lpatop is properly protected. Their protection comes at £35 per annum for one laptop. They take the money two weeks in advance of the renewal date.

• Quality