Completely waste of time & money. A bad experience

Guest's review of Big Game Fishing - Vilamoura

“Completely waste of time and money. A bad experience ”

Written on: 18/09/2011

I booked big game fishing on the Yatch Sant'Anna in Algarve in Portugal, exited to have a very pleasant day. The ocean was absolutely perfect and we boarded from the Marina of Vilamoura at 10.00.
The two crew members were very unfriendly and never show any interest of their passengers.
We didn't receive any advices or safety recommendation. We don’t ever know where we can find the safety jackets in case of emergency.
There wasn’t organisation at all on board and the rods were finally in the water around 1.30. We believe we still have 2.30 fishing at least. What a disappointment!! We were asked to watch a rod and we were not allowed to use the rods by ourselves.
Then a shark was on the line and we assisted at the biggest panic and lack of professionalism I never see in my life.
The shark once on board was completely butchered and left dying slowly in a corner. I won’t describe here the details but there was blood everywhere and I didn’t see such a lack of respect for the fish. It wasn’t big game fishing but big game killing.
Some of us had a very bitter discussion with the crew members who responded aggressively and showed haughtiness.
Some of us refused to fish or more exactly watch the rod we were supposed to.
This fishing trip is to avoid absolutely.
No respect of the ocean, no respect of the fish, no respect of the passengers.
Completely waste of time and money. A bad experience I won't forget.
Martine, Dublin - Ireland