Well worth the money, even if they are 2nd hand & 20+ years old.

• Photograph Quality

Guest's review of Canon T90

“Well worth the money, even if they are 2nd hand and...”

Written on: 19/06/2011

Have just bought a T90 with the 50mm f1.8 lens. It did not come with a manual, but by sitting down with the camera for about 30 mins I was able to work out the basic functions. I acquired a manual 2 days later, and have now familiarised myself with practically all its functions and capabilities. First review here criticises its weight. That is something you do not notice because of its design and balance in the hand. It has a really bright viewfinder, and although I am in my sixties,and no not wear specs for other than reading, I was able to focus sharply. AA batteries for working it - no problem, they are available everywhere. Before buying I was aware of the 'sticky magnet' problem, which is connected with the shutter firing. I have found that it can be caused by not using the camera and storing it for long periods. The answer to that - take the T90 out every now and again, and fire the shutter a few times. Also a unique idea by a T90 devotee - set the camera to 'B', press the shutter button, then remove the batteries. That will keep the magnets apart and prevent them becoming 'sticky.'
I am now awaiting the return of my first film through the T90, and from what I have heard, I will not be disappointed. To be honest, I am seriously on the look-out for another T90 body.

• Between 1 - 4 Weeks