Not built to last.

• Durability

Reddevil2013's review of Team Dynamics 16" Smartie Alloys

“Not built to last.”

Written on: 29/01/2013 by Reddevil2013 (1 review written)

I had a set of 18 inch Monza R team dynamic alloys on my Mondeo estate . From the start they looked good, but as time went on the quality of the build started to show. First of all the centre cover plate started to peel and the black plastic underneath came through. The actual strength of these wheels isn't good.... On getting new tyres for them after a period of about 12 months I was told two of the wheels were buckled. I wouldn't say I had been bouncing up and down kerbs all day so I was surprised by what I was told. The wheels seem to be of a very soft metal compound and damage very easily. Needless to say after having the wheels on the car for a number of years they looked tired and decided to have the original ford 18 inch Ghia alloys refurbished and put back on.
After market wheels look okay... As long as you don't use them much and I would seriously think long and hard about putting them on my car again as they are not durable enough.

Tofiz's Response to Reddevil2013's Review