Like the real thing it's bulletproof...

Guest's review of Tokyo Marui AK47

“Like the real thing it's bulletproof...”

Written on: 23/05/2013

I bought my first and only AEG back in 1999. It was a standard Tokyo Marui AK47. The plastic wood parts had been sprayed black, I didn't care too much it looked pretty good. After a while I got a set of real wood fittings from hong kong or somewhrere, nice quality for a sensible price. I later added a metal receiver kit. I had some regular maintenance done just too make sure it was running right. I've used it for skirmishing many times over 13 years. It has never stopped working. Over 13/14 years it has cost me about £400 to build as it is now. Stuff like magazines and the rest don't count. I've stuck a reasonably decent scope on it as my eyesight is not as good as it was. The mount is a fairly cheap affair and the scope was a bargain. Now, I know that putting a scope on an AK is especially stupid when dealing with a real AK, but with airsoft any little helps. It is quite heavy with all the baggage but I like a slow war! Time to reflect. My gun is maybe too heavy for an assault rifle but at least I can sit and watch whats happening before wasting ammo. All these experts with their lightweight rifles must spend too much time in the gym and cash on their rifles.

My TM AK has been more reliable than some things in life that should be reliable. Think computers, phones, BT, any bank, relatives, trains, buses, your boss at work, jobs, the housing market, cars, the weather, BMW, Audi and even my own mind.
Sir, I rest my case.
All work was carried out by Firesupport and myself.
Hope this helps if you got hold of an old TM AK,spend a little time and money and it should last you a lifetime of airsoft mayhem. And it'll always look good.