Viajes Urbis/Travel Republic - Appalling 'service'

• Punctuality

• Easy to find

• Comfort of journey

lindsay1's review of Viajes Urbis - www.viajesurbis.com

“Viajes Urbis/Travel Republic - Appalling 'service'”

Written on: 21/03/2013 by lindsay1 (1 review written)

I would like to warn holidaymakers requiring transfers from Las Palmas Airport to avoid this 'Transfer' company at all costs.

I had booked Viajes Urbis on 25th January from Las Palmas Airport to Hotel Costa Taurito, Playa de Taurito. Upon reaching the outskirts of the resort I was rather taken aback to be deposited outside Playa de Taurito at the local bus stop, at the top of a hill and nowhere near a hotel. Without a word of explanation the driver just dumped my suitcase at the bus stop and proceeded to jump back into the bus. I managed to quickly ask him where the Hotel Costa Taurito was before he drove off and the response was a vague gesture down towards some buildings at the bottom of the valley and a garbled reply in Spanish.

After some 15 minutes pulling a heavy suitcase over cobbled pathways I arrived at one of the hotels at the bottom of the valley but upon checking in was informed by the Receptionist that the hotel was the Princess Taurito Hotel who gave rather vague directions about turning left and looking for a lift to the Hotel Costa Taurito. However turning left outside only led me along the length of the Hotel Princess Taurito so I then spent another 15 minutes retracing my steps uphill before eventually finding the Hotel Costa Taurito, which was just as well as it was now about 7.00 pm and completely dark.

After a long day travelling and a rather lengthy transfer of 1 1/2 hours from the airport I found this a rather upsetting and stressful experience and not a good start to any holiday. Viajes Urbis need to learn that experiences of this kind give a very poor initial impression to people arriving at Gran Canaria. After all, these holidaymakers are providing a liveliehood for them and boosting the island's economy.

I will not be using Travel Republic in the future.

• las palmas