AVOID - did not show up at Barcelona Cruise Port

• Punctuality

• Easy to find

• Comfort of journey

BWVIAN's review of City Airport Taxis - www.city-airport-taxis.com

“AVOID - did not show up at Barcelona Cruise Port”

Written on: 02/06/2013 by BWVIAN (1 review written)

All of the reviews were good so I though I would give them a go to take my party of 5 to Barcelona airport from the cruise terminal. The pick up time was 9.30 am and we were waiting outside the terminal at 9 am.
At 9.45am I rang the emergency number and was told that the driver should be there. I waited 15 more minutes and called again and was told to ring the local number of the taxi firm they were using and speak to someone. After being cut off each time I said hello, I called the emergency number again, but this time and on many further calls to both emergency numbers no-one answered. Eventually I gave up and had to stand in the regular taxi queue for 30 minutes with 2 children and my elderly mother who has serious mobility issues. We ended up paying 23 euro's more because we had to use 2 taxi's. The whole experience meant that it took over 2 hours to get to the airport. Fortunately we had left plenty of time for manoeuvre and had spare Euro's to be able to pay for the regular taxi's otherwise the outcome could have been disastrous for us.
If you are thinking of using city airport taxis (otherwise known as easy airport taxis) make a contingency plan as they appear to have no conscience about leaving people high and dry

• Punctuality