My sister wasnt allowed into wizzairplane for "defending" me

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Wizzair

“My sister wasnt allowed into wizzairplane for...”

Written on: 14/07/2013

Myself and my sister Valentina Dimitrov had a highly unpleasant experience with Wizzair on a flight we were planning to take on May 31 fro London Luton to Bucurest Otopenie (08:25am flight). The ladies at the gate closed the gate door before we could enter the plane. Their reasoning was that we were not obedient and it was her decision who to let into the plane or not. She said: "For the official records you have missed the flight." When I asked her for her name initially, she denied giving it to me. Her words: "I am the Manager here and there is nobody else you can complain to."

The argument was initiated at the gate where, all flight guests were forced to put their baggage into a size check, a test almost everybody failed. I was charged 27 pounds for the same bag I had used just a year ago, which I found hard to understand. My sister was charged the same amount for a bag which had the exact measurements, but two wheels were stciking out. We complained upon which the lady "Manager" left us waiting until all other flight guests were through. Many complained, one man even screamed at her, but she still left him through - we assume because he paid for another 5 peope - 162 pounds penalty...

When my sister and I were the only people left not to have enter the plabe yet, I agreed to pay, but told them clearly this was a rip off. At this very moment, the "Manager" told another lady to stop the transaction. The Manager turned to me with the words: "you will not fly, your sister can fly." Unfortunately, before my sister could passed the door, she had it locked. The "Manager" turned to her and said: " i have changed my mind. You will not fly because you are tryong to defend your sister."

My sister and I were completely shocked, we were taking the flight to visit our grandfather, - 86 year old man, we do not see more than once per year. We actually found ourselves in the highly degrading situation to beg for entrance into the plane. When my sister told the "Manager" that she had taken all of her annual holidays to visit her grandfather, she started laughing about us and said: " you both are liers. First you tell me you are visiting your sick grandfather, then you tell me it is your holidays."

I believe it is not necessary to point out which degree of humiliation we had to endure during this encounter. The "Manager" was clearly enjoying her "victory" and the fact that she demonstrated her power over two young women who simply paid for a flight to go and see theor grandfather.

While i appreciate that Wizzair, like any low-cost carrier, has stricter handbag policies, nothing gives Wizzair or ANY of this company's emplyees the right to humiliate their customers or abuse their position to demonstrate their power.
I also believe that it is understandable people complain given the approach to baggage handling and unexpected costs. It was clear on the day that a larger number of people were upset and became rather vocal.

As a consequence of "missing" our flight, we were forced to find new flights on other day. We encountered additional costs when we had to transfer back into London from Luton and we got to spend less time woth our grandfather. I total we paid c. £250 additional costs. Wizzair did not reimburse us for the flight, since we "missed" it in their official records.

We believe people should be informed about such behaviour. Wizzair may be a low-cost carrier, but they still have to treat their customers with respect!

Christina and Valentina Dimitrov