A great low cost airline, just follow the rules......

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

JustinMP's review of Wizzair

“A great low cost airline, just follow the rules......”

Written on: 15/01/2013 by JustinMP (1 review written)

WizzAir flight Luton-Budapest-Luton (using the XXL seating option with priority boarding and large cabin bag)

I've recently flew with WizzAir and I'm very impressed, the flight was early into Budapest and only late into London Luton airport because of snowfall but the pilot informed us just so we knew we'd be holding for a while in the air. The aircraft looks heavily used but was it was clean when I boarded at both ends.

I'd opted for a large cabin bag (free at the time but since my booking a charge has been implemented since a policy change but didn't apply to me) and the XXL seating option (with priority boarding included) the XXL seats were are the wing exit seats and you had lots of legroom so if you're a tall traveler I'd recommend this option, these are held by a flight attendant until take off so no one can sneak into them.

During the flight the service was fast, friendly, and efficient, the stewards are all foreign and if I spoke slowly and clearly so they understood me, the food and drink I brought on-board is slightly pricier but I was expecting this.

I encountered lots of helpful staff at the airport who did their jobs diligently and quickly, to save time they tagged my bag as large to help staff at the boarding gate. There is a lot of waiting in holding areas when flying low cost but I can't complain when the plane leave dead on time.

I suppose if you read the horror stories (and I do pity the people who got messed around and it's horrible to read these things) on here you'd think Wizz Air were a nasty carrier out to make money, in all fairness to them, that's what they are there to do.

It's very simple but read the rules, including the terms and conditions and if you follow them you'll have a trouble free experience, the devil is in the detail, I remember reading and watching the baggage policy video about 15 times to check I was in the right.

I'll recommend Wizz Air to anyone as a very good airline, but caution them to read the rules, read them again.

Even massive legacy airlines like BA and Lufthansa have exactly the same strict policies but their tolerances are larger and have invested more on a product aimed at business hence the higher cost.

Follow the rules or pay extra so you stretch them.

I know favorable reviews can attract accusations of that person working for the airline - I'm a normal member of the paying public but I do take a lot of holidays as I love to travel - I've used low cost and major well known airlines.