Intimidated, upset angry humiliated & nothing I could do!!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Wizzair

“Intimidated, upset angry humiliated and nothing I...”

Written on: 18/12/2012

Luton staff were helpfull upon our check in for a flight to Prague on Fri 14th Dec they printed our boarding pass.... I was traveling with a friend for her 40th Birthday celebration. I took my one item of hand luggage no problem. Upon our return we got to the airport before check in time and it's just as well. We got to check in and the lady on the desk asked us for our boarding passes...... we didn't have one and assumed they would print one off as they had done at luton....... oh no not that easy, we were told we should have checked in on line I said ok I can do that now but that I wouldn't be able to print, the man on the next counter said that on-line check in closed 4 hours ago and that we would have to pay 400 Czk Crown each approx £12 not a huge amount but when your not expecting it, The man on check in said it's because we booked through lastminuet.com we went to a diffrent desk to pay the outstanding amount and get told it is 550 Czk Crown, we querie the difference and they tell us it went up in price "last night" Great now it's and extra £16.50 each we go back to check in........ we see the man who then talks to my frind and asks if we have carry on luggage yes she says and I say yes. we get our tickets and have an hour and a half before our flight. My friend and I arrive at the departure gate and the same man from the check in desk is there waiting, I walk towards him and he says "you told me you had no luggage!" then says "your luggage is too big you must pay 810 Czk Crown" approx £24 I push my bag into the frame they use to measure bags for their size and it fitted, I admit that my bag was 2cm longer than the 44cm he kept saying and he even got his tape measure out! My bag was by no means full and squashed down to 42cm. This man said "no it will unsquash and is too big" The fact was it fitted the crate!! Another British man was saying come on it's not right and he agreed that this man was victimising me. I am Asthmatic and when the man said "You have 15 minutes to solve your problem" I told him I have no credit card or cash left and he said "you leave your bag in Prague" I remembered that I had £20 cash on me and asked if he would take that. He said "no you have to go back to the currency desk back through security" I had to run with my bag to get back in time or I would miss my flight. I made it back through security and through the gate just in time but this man "obviously on commission for Christmas" was literally charging 1 in 3 people coming through to the departure lounge but ironically missing other people with bigger bags than mine while he was dealing with me! I felt totally helpless, victimised, humiliated and frustrated that there was absolutly nothing I could do about it other than say I'm not paying, missing my flight and probably get arrested for my bag being "too big" I made the flight and took photo's of my bag in it's place under the seat in front of me. The thing that irritates me most is that I paid the extra but it didn't make my bag any smaller!!!!!!!! Needless to say "I will not be using this airline again,and the only recommendation I would give is to steer clear of Wizz It put a downer on the weekend and made me feel realy quite ill"