Vomit (not mine....) on seat, floor & even the pillow!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

clairerr's review of Virgin Atlantic Airways

“Vomit (not mine....) on seat, floor and even the pillow!”

Written on: 15/06/2012 by clairerr (1 review written)

I flew Virgin Economy Newark to London last week - the flight was over booked but I made it on having pre-booked my seat. On arriving at my seat I found my area covered in fresh vomit - and even the pillow on my seat was covered. I was told there was no way I could move as the flight was full and that I could not disembark. The flight attendant covered the area with a blanket and I had to sit in it for 6.5 hours. Absolutely grim.

The seat - in fact the whole row should have been taken out of service - and to add insult to injury, one week after contacting the virgin customer service email address I have had no response.

Lizals's Response to clairerr's Review

Written on: 03/04/2013

OMG how terrible..I have a very sensitive stomach so if I was made to sit in it it would have been added to as if I smell sick I start to heave. I think I would have been thrown off the flight kicking and screaming. Just noticed the date so do hope that you was eventually recompensed for this terrible situation you was put in..not that any amount of money would have been enough for me. I think VA should have thanked you for being prepared to sit in the seat.

We are off on a VA flight on the 9th May and feeling quite nervous now after reading all the bad reviews. We fly a lot but have never flown VA before and was looking forward to it but now feeling quite apprehensive !!

Two pensioners from Cheshire UK