Much better than other reviews suggest

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

kirkdene's review of United Airlines

“Much better than other reviews suggest”

Written on: 12/06/2014 by kirkdene (3 reviews written)

When I looked at the existing reviews, I wondered what we had let ourselves in for.
We need not have worried.
We flew San Antonio to Dulles and Dulles to Boston.
On both nobody checked the size of my carry on bag. On the Dulles flight some people brought on bigger bags, and were given labels and were allowed to have there bags in the hold with no charge-the bags were at the planeside fro them to collect as we got off.
Staff friendly and efficient. Plane clean. Leg room a bit restricted for hubby, but weve had worse. Coffee drinkable.
The Dulles flight left and arrived on time.
The Boston one was delayed by about 20 mins because of a warning light re the toilet showing in the cockpit
Weve not visited US before but I was impressed with the screens in the gate area, which showed how many spare seats and where in the plane, and reports of the estimated departure time.
All in all, impressed!

Brianfargo's Response to kirkdene's Review

Written on: 16/06/2014

Lier! United is horrible.

Kirkdene's reply to Brianfargo's Comment

Written on: 16/06/2014

In what context do you think Im lying?
If you care to look at Trip Advisor you would know that my reviews are honest and unbiased.
In terms of these flights, having read the damning reviews, I sent a rather curt email to my travel agent asking why on earth they had used such a rubbish airline. They came back saying they had used them many times and didn’t have a problem.
I then asked little sis who spends her hols in USA so will have had experience: she said staff not as friendly as BA but shed not had a problem with delay even on the flight theyd had to book at short notice back to UK for a family emergency. So I sat in the departure lounge at San Antonio, in fear of this flight.
So what am I lying about?
The flights- I can show you the boarding cards.
The departure gate monitors: well I did see them
The punctuality? Check the details Ill give you the flight nos
The friendliness of staff? Have YOU travelled on Aer Lingus or Ryanair?
The carryon baggage? mine was actually too big according to their statistics, but they didn’t force me to use a gauge to check the way easyjet and Ryanair do.
Other people with bigger bags that I would have checked in, got labels and put the bag at the end of the walkway on to the plane, and were able to collect as they got off. Im sorry if youve never seen this: I was shocked given what I read
The planes/mechanical problems/punctuality? The San Antonio to Dulles plane was a small one, but there was enough leg room for me. It was adequately clean, and the food on offer was OK. It left on time
The Dulles to Boston plane was bigger and just as clean. The hold up was due to some emergency light in the cockpit
And incidentally, I hadn’t understood how to get my etickets and the travel agent suggested I phone. I GOT A HUMAN BEING, without having to go through lengthy menus. She solved my problem quickly.
So if youd like to tell me why you think Im lying that would be good. And if youd like to identify yourself I will offer you the chance to discuss this matter in court as you have just libelled me.