TRIP FROM HELL, THIRD WORLD AIRLINE EXPERIENCE

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of United Airlines

“TRIP FROM HELL, THIRD WORLD AIRLINE EXPERIENCE”

Written on: 27/06/2013

You would think that flying from Orange County, CA to Paris is easy? Think again with United. Because we bought my 8 years old and my ticket with frequent flyer miles, the itinary was Orange County-Chicago-Toronto-Paris. From the start, it was bad. We waited for one hour in the plane for two passengers arriving from a connecting flight. It is not a bother to make a whole plane late if they can fill their plane to full capacity. Once in Chicago, the flight to Toronto was two hours late! I tried to change my flight as I knew it would be tight once in Toronto. All flights were delayed so I had to take my chances in Toronto. In Toronto, the plane door was closed. They could not open it even if officially we were 5 minutes early. I think they gave our seats to standby passengers and won't admit it. The flight was operated by Air Canada. 30 minutes wait at the counter to hear that I had to deal with United. Went through customs again, picked up suitcases. At the United counter, I was told that I had to fly back to the US and go to Paris from Washington DC!!! Then and there, my daughter and I started crying. We were up since 5AM and it was 9.30PM. No way to fly directly to Paris, because we dared to redeem our miles for tickets so no direct flights! As we went through customs, Toronto was our new starting point! They put us up at the nearby Sheraton with four $11 vouchers for dinner and breakfast. An entree at the restaurant was between $25-$40! I understood why the hotel receptionist advised I kept the breakfast vouchers for the airport... The plane to Washington was of course late. 6 hours wait in Washington because the flight to Paris was late too. We arrived in Paris 24 hours after the scheduled time and their apology? 9,000 miles on each account. We can't even get a small bag of peanuts with them!!! What I want is a direct flight back to the US and never have to deal with United again!