Platinum member gets seat downgraded by computer to the Back

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Supraspeed's review of United Airlines

“Platinum member gets seat downgraded by computer to...”

Written on: 02/03/2013 by Supraspeed (1 review written)

This is the worst airline I have experienced in 15 years.  If this is how your platinum member is treated, you will get my bad review on every website and to every person available.

My confirmed seat 19G for ORD-HKG was lost and I'm now in the back of the plane in a middle seat 58B.  This was reserved on 1/10 for a flight on 3/1.  The seating was wide open just like it is now for my flight returning home on 4/6.  How is this even possible?

Now I'm stuck on the phone for over 30 minutes on hold, and no seats available.  This is not how you treat your platinum member, losing my original seating assignment in economy plus, and sticking me on a back middle seat.  I have spinabifida and having a comfortable seat with ample leg space for the 12 hours flight means the world of a difference on my health.

Jen the supervisor just said that I'll have priority on an economy plus isle seat when I get to the airport to get an isle seat.  24 hours before the departure you guys don't have control of the seating assignments, only the airport system has control?!?!  What's the point of being a platinum member when I have no options on my seating getting stuck on the back of the plane in the middle seat, having reserved 2 months before, and taking my chances with a few seats and the whole plane of customers fighting for a few seats?  What is wrong with your system where your supervisors can't even assign an economy plus seat for your platinum customer over the phone?

I see that there's an open business class seat.  The least you can do is upgrade me after messing up my seating.  This is the 2nd time in the past year!  Treat your customers right rather than make your platinum member your worst enemy.

At the airport, check in supervisor said due to equip change, I was reassigned by the computer even though my profile says specifically I request an isle seat. Platinum means nothing. He said I can't put in a formal complaint in person, go online.