Terrible customer service

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Cyclops414's review of Thomas Cook Airline

“Terrible customer service”

Written on: 10/07/2014 by Cyclops414 (1 review written)

We flew TC to Antalya and the out going flight was ok. It was then that our problems started. Rep stayed on bus for all of 5 minutes before getting off at next terminal. Driver then took us into a traffic jam in town centre to refuel! We then had to go back into the traffic jam before arriving at our hotel about 20 mins late. On arrival driver dumped us on side of the road when we asked where was the hotel he pointed across a duel carriageway we then had to haul our luggage across the duel carriage way Central reservation. Return trip was dreadful. NO rep on coach and no instructions on procedure what to do on arrival at airport rep at hotel had left no instructions either. Then when we picked up other passengers THEY told us plane had not departed gatwick and that there was a 3 hour delay having checked this on internet. On arrival at airport and saw a TC rep asked her what we needed to do and she looked at me as if I was a bit of dirt eventually saying go through security and look for desk no on TV screens. Entered the queue for check in and was told no delay. 15 minutes later they stopped booking in and word trickled down about 3.20 mins delay. At check in given a letter to say we get refreshment at via donner cafe. I then spoke to a TC rep saying I appreciate the delay was not her fault but what was I to do at gatwick as my body clock would be at 01.30 and I had a three hour drive. Her not very helpful response was that it was only a 3 hour delay and they had given us refreshment. I asked about a hotel room and she stated they would not pay for one. I asked if she was suggesting I should drive home tired and have a crash. She responded no of course not. So I asked her what did she suggest and she replied it wasn't her problem. I went to get my phone to photograph her name badge and she ran off saying I couldn't photograph her!! Once in departures the cafe was so small it would take forever to feed 250 passengers. You could not have the meal until 7.30pm and when we went to get it the meal was cold they had obviously pre cooked some time earlier to cope with the rush. Flight eventually took of 4 hours late and to top it all we had been allocated the last seats backing onto the bulkhead persons in front reclined seats and so spent the 4 hours cramped. The flight was so hot that it was almost unbearable. There was no announcement about the in flight entertainment so we missed the start of it so did not bother to watch it. All in all very poor experience with TC.