TAP Incompentence

• Quality of food

Guest's review of TAP Portugal

“TAP Incompentence”

Written on: 29/06/2013

There was a strike in Portugal on Thursday, June 27th. TAP continued to check in bags. I waited for five hours at three different gates before they cancelled the flight. There were lines two miles long for rebooking. They were unable to return the luggage (there are currently 10,000 bags in Lisbon waiting to be sent). I had to sleep at the ariport. There were elderly people, pregnant mothers, unaccompanied children and people with medical problems. This was pure abuse. The airline will simply blame the strike but such strikes have been anticipated for months and they knew a day in advance. The fact is that TAP failed to have even a basic plan to deal with the crisis. They should not have checked in luggage. It is an outrage and is resonant of a more general national torpor.

Phintz's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

I also had a very bad experience on the day of the strike. Booked to fly from Malpensa to Lisbon onTAP executive class, we were given no information other than there was a delay. This delay tuned into hours with no communication from TAP as to what was happening. Eventually flights were cancelled and there was a 6 hour wait in a queue to be rebooked and/or accommodated. About 7 hours after the flight was ascheduled to leave we were told we would be taken to a hotel (staff would not reveal the name) by bus. Mnay people crowded onto this bus, including elderly and women wth children. After waiiting in another queue at the hotel we were advised that there were no beds available and another bus would be sent. By the time we arrived at the Crown Plaza Milan airport there was no food available and no way to get anywhere to eat. The next day we were routed via Luxembourg to Lisbon, the flight was delayed again. We finally got to Lisbon almost 2 days late but bags did not arrive. It is now Tuesday evening and I still have no bags, nor any communication from TAP. Very difficult to reach them by phone from London where I am now. Their baggage handling company Groundforce have told complete lies for days as to the whereabouts of the bags - first saying they were all located, the next day saying only one had been found, the day unable to locate them. i have lost hope that I will ever see my bags again

Abdulapache's Comment

Written on: 02/07/2013

I share the same pain with you. I mean the experience from the point of check in was horrible. Sat 29th flight from London heathrow to Miami international via Lisbon. The check in attendant whom attended to my friend and I was rude. Flight delayed due to the strike which is excusable. I got to the destination couldn't find my suitcase. They did not even know if it left London at all or if it was lost in Lisbon. I filled a form out and was given a contact number and was told I would definitely get contacted the next day. It's July the 02nd and still no word so i have been out here for 3 days without my suitcase having to buy clothes, etc. Between the days I have been here I have made calls to different numbers. The local number I was given at the airport always rings and goes to voicemail and asks me to leave a message. Called it today and the voicemail box is full so obviously nobody is attending to that line at all. I have called the office in Portugal many times and they do not even know where my suitcase is. Communicating with some of the operators in English is difficult. Now I plan on going to the airport tomorrow to speak to somebody in person to see if that may help. This has been the worst travel experience for me. I am starting to think I may never see my suitcase now..