Ryanair makes its money screwing desperate people

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

tidworth2's review of Ryanair - www.ryanair.com

“Ryanair makes its money screwing desperate people”

Written on: 31/10/2012 by tidworth2 (1 review written)

I have had a really bad experience with Ryanair at Dublin last week and I thought I would let you know to see whether you are going to do something about it.

I was booked to fly back from Dublin to Bristol on Aer Lingus but the flight was cancelled because of bad weather

I got back to the booking hall and bought a flight to Bristol on Ryanair which cost an extortional amount of 216 Euros. The flight was in 40 minutes so it would be a rush to get to the plane on time. I tried security but it was solid with passengers so I asked the jobsworths on duty if I could get to the front but they were having none of it. I tried the fast track (Ryanair does not have a fast track facility) and they were not interested.

So I stood in the queue for security for 25 minutes and then ran (a Kilometer) to the gate to find the flight had shut up 10 minutes before it was due to take off.

I went back to the booking hall (a Kilometer) and changed my ticket for the later flight which cost me another 110 euros. I was not told at the time I bought the first ticket that it would cost more to transfer it to another flight nor was the terms displayed anywhere at the ticket booth. Furthermore there were no terms on the receipt I received.

When I went to the check-in desk I was told that they monitor the queues at security and knew that it was over 25 minutes and would have known I would not have made the earlier flight.