Left me stranded in Italy & refused to compensate

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of Ryanair - www.ryanair.com

“Left me stranded in Italy and refused to compensate ”

Written on: 17/09/2012

Ryanair are cheap for a reason, and to be honest I used them all them time and never really had a problem with all their rules and overpriced products.

The problem lays when the owe you compensation.... Try and claim a penny from these guys it's impossible.

They got my bag stuck on a conveyor belt and burnt whole through it and all my clothes, the airport immediately admitted fault I was talking into a room to fill in a claims form and pick a new bag from the Ryanair catalogue.... Instead of giving me my bag there and then as mine had big whole in they told me they'd post the bag to my uk address.... So I had to pay to get my bag wrapped in shrink wrap to stop more falling out, then buy more clothes with my holiday budget...... When I got home there was no bag and when I called with references etc all paperwork their end was not found so basically wasted a few hrs for nothing.

I should of stopped using them after that incident however my sister lives in Italy and I was regular flyer and yes they were the cheapest so I carried on.

Anyway over a year ago now, on return from italy my return flight was cancelled whilst I was at the airport.... I had to que for over 5 hrs to try and sort my return flight. When I got to front of que the best they can do was get me home 3 days later... It was the end of my holiday so had no spending money nd needed to get home for work. Dispite their website claiming they will put you in hotel and feed u etc if this happens they refused... Instead I had to get my sister to come and collect me (2hr drive in middle of night with kids). I kept all petrol receipts and extra costs receipts including, parking uk end, hotel loss that end etc as was told to put a claim in when I return....

Now the claim option on Ryanair site always comes up with an error code ( convenient? ) think so.... I then called loads of times (at extra cost to myself) and was told that department don't take emails (that would be way too easy for custo,ers to claim) so instead I had to send a fax ..... Again another cost to me but sent the fax only to be ignored.
Phoned at least 10 times since, rude staff.
I've tried to go above Ryanair to claim off airline regulated company however they tell me it was a clear cut case Ryanair HAVE to componsate but they haven't.

I WILL NEVER USE AGAIN... They are only cheap if you have no problems..... All the extra costs I could of flown 1st class with someone else.

Delayed's Comment

Written on: 18/09/2012

If you really feel strongly you may have to wait for the expected ECJ ruling. Keep copies of all your letters and receipts. Go via the Dublin court (not expensive) and pursue your claim but you have to be commited!