Never again

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Dewardo's review of Jet2.com

“Never again”

Written on: 06/07/2014 by Dewardo (1 review written)

Thought I would give Jet2 a second chance, but wished I had stuck to my previous rule of never flying with them again. Living near to the airport I tried to check in online four hours before my flight, only to find that online check-in closes five whole hours before take-off. Customer Services just kept repeating the mantra "it's in the Terms & Conditions", although I pointed out that it is quite well hidden. I did eventually manage to persuade someone in management to waive the £17.50 airport check-in charge, but not until I had stood my ground for some time on the phone. The whole experience with Jet2 is of a low headline fare, followed by constant attempts to ramp up the actual cost you pay, and complete inflexibility should you fall foul of the Ts & Cs through however innocent a mistake. Pay the extra money and fly with a proper airline, or you may end up paying more anyway with Jet2 in the long run. Never again

Dean5863's Response to Dewardo's Review

Written on: 07/07/2014

I recently had an accident and the hospital have told me I can"t travel.Phoned jet2,explained my predicament and asked for a refund.They said that "BECAUSE ITS LESS THAN 10 DAYS NOTICE I AM NOT ENTITLED TO A 2REFUND".How can I give 10 days notice when I"ve only just found out myself.The holiday cost me 3 grand+ now I am off work with no income.THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED.I WILL NEVER BOOK WITH THEM AGAIN AND WOULD ADVISE OTHERS TO THINK TWICE BEFORE BOOKING WITH *&*@;^"*@ JET2

Swampy1901's reply to Dean5863's Comment

Written on: 09/07/2014

Did you buy your travel insurance when you booked your holiday? This gives you cover in situations like this - four years ago my husband ended up in hospital with Septicaemia a few weeks before we were due to go on holiday. There was no way we were going to be able to go on holiday as the predicted recovery time was in excess of three months - the insurance company refunded without batting an eyelid. Insurance is worth it for your peace of mind in situations like this.

Briw's reply to Swampy1901's Comment

Written on: 11/07/2014

I book flights 2 -3 times a year with the online option. You will find that on your confirmation at the top it says to go to JET2, Manage My Booking to check-in online 28 days up to 5 hours before departure time.

JET2 are far from perfect, it is a budget airline after all, but with all respect, I think you are being unfair to the company if you are unable to take time to read this obvious info.

Dewardo's reply to Briw's Comment

Written on: 13/07/2014

My whole point is that it isn't that obvious. I have flown quite a few times with Jet2 and never noticed this restriction before, until I fell foul of it. Finally, I am not sure why such a long interval is needed, or why it should cost £17.50 for them to print a boarding pass at the airport anyway, or for that matter why it should cost £13.50 to print your own...
There are plenty of low-cost airlines, but Jet2 is a rip-off airline.