Delays & overbooking

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Malonezq213's review of Etihad Airlines

“Delays and overbooking”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by Malonezq213 (1 review written)

I have traveled several times with Etihad to Abu Dhabi. Out of 8 flights that I have had with them 7 were delayed by at least 1 hour. My last flight to UK was overbooked and I had to wait for the next flight which was scheduled 13 hours later. The explanation I was given was: all airlines regularly overbook by 10%. They booked me into a hotel and gave me a voucher for $300 to redeem against my next flight. I was advised by their costumer services to accept their offer, or otherwise they would not book me in the next flight which was also overbooked. In my hotel there were many other Etihad passengers travelling to various destination who had missed their connection as their flight had been late. I have tried to redeem my voucher when booking my next flight, but it was not possible to do it online. When I rang them they said they could not book my ticket on the phone either and I would have to visit their main branch in London. So I am not impressed with their service. I continue to use them as there are not many airlines with direct flight from UK to Abu Dhabi.