no acceptance of blame for delay & further cost incurred

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

leedone's review of EasyJet

“no acceptance of blame for delay and further cost incurred”

Written on: 14/08/2012 by leedone (3 reviews written)

Our flight was due to depart London Luton at 19.25 and arrive at belfast 20.35

we departed at 22.30 and arrived at 23.30 - the knock on effect was that we arrived at our final destination at 01.30am which spoilt the following day as we were extremely tired to actually enjoy our first day of holiday.

we also have a 15 month old baby of which had suffered unrest from the delay, we had to keep him fed, watered and entertained for the duration of the delay.

My main grievance is that we received no viable explaination for the delay, we had nothing communicated to us throught out the delay and upon boarding the plane, the staff were rude and offered no empathy towards myself or fellow passengers, they even went as far to make a few sarcastic remarks !!

Subsequently because we arrived late we had incurred a "out of hours" fee for the car rental of £60. this was a charge through no fault of ourselves.

We are regular customers of Easyjet, after this experience we are seriously consider using BMI baby through east midlands airport or the ferry for future journeys

easyjet reply is below...................

Thank you for contacting us.

I am sorry to learn about the inconvenience experienced by you due to the delay of your flight.

I am concern to learn about the disappointment that prompted your communication. Whilst of little comfort to you after the event has passed, I would like to reassure you that every effort is taken to operate a flight and delay is generally seen as a last resort. I understand you were not communicated the reason for delay. The delay was due to operational reasons. Passenger safety is our primary concern and we try our best to make our passengers journey comfortable. But at all times the primary goal is to transport you to your final destination as quickly as possible.

I realise it would have been difficult travelling with the 15 month baby and taking care of it. Providing our passengers with a punctual and efficient service is naturally one of our principle aims. We try very hard to ensure that our staff are friendly and helpful at all times. I am sorry to learn that you found the behaviour of our staff was not up to your expectation. The lack of service experience by you is unusual and not our standard.

According to our policy, when the flight is delayed for more than two hour beyond its scheduled departure time, if you do not wish to travel on the delayed flight you can choose a free re-route on the next available easyJet flight or you can cancel your seat and receive a flight voucher for future flights with us. I understand that you chose to travel on the delayed flight. For this reason, I'm afraid we cannot offer you any refund.

As a low cost airline, we have certain restrictions and as such easyJet is a point-to-point carrier. Therefore, when you book a flight with easyJet we agree to transport you from airport to airport. If you have a onward flight with us or any other mode of transport, you need plan your travel accordingly. If there is any delay or disruption on our flight and you miss your other mode of transport, we are not responsible for it and will not reimburse any cost related to it. According to our policy, I regret that I am unable to offer refund of your car rental expense.

I have noted your comments and feedbacks regarding our staff, and will try to improve on your feedback and implement them to enhance our service quality and efficiency. Your comments are vital for us to continue improving our services.

I realize that you were disappointed by our performance on this occasion, and hope you will give us a chance to serve you again, to allow us to prove that the circumstances you have encountered recently are not of our usual standards.

Regards,

Haris
easyJet Customer Services

Cfc2000's Response to leedone's Review

Written on: 23/09/2012

Exactly my own experience, only from Manchester to Copenhagen. Arrived two days late and absolutely no information from the staff about the delays. Bussed us to Stansted and stuck us in a manky hotel and fed us paupers' food (corned beef fritters and oven chips). Absolutely refused to honour the EU guidance about compensation. We were 100s of £ out of pocker because we'd pre-paid our hotel. The same thing happened the previous year in Portugal. I will do my utmost to avoid this airline in future.