Nightmarish airline that will haunt your dreams! Beware!

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Frequent_Flyer_83's review of Delta Airlines

“Nightmarish airline that will haunt your dreams! Beware!”

Written on: 25/01/2012 by Frequent_Flyer_83 (1 review written)

My flight started on 22 January with a visit to the CIU (Delta operated airport) where I found a typed out note pasted on the glass door. “Your flight has been canceled due to weather conditions,” and a phone number to call. The day was perfectly clear one, and I could see the runway and there were no conditions that prevented flying. When I called the phone number that led me to Delta Customer Serive, after giving them my confirmation number for my tickets I booked 3 weeks prior, I received the response, “That flight no longer exists.” There was no attempt at helping me to rebook my flight, instead I had to go through a travel agency to make the next days flight.
Upon arriving at the airport on 23 January, I found out that my flight had been canceled 2 weeks prior due to scheduled RADAR maintenance. I was not notified via phone, email, or any other means. Humorously enough the site even showed “on time” until after the flight had planned to go out and I contacted the customer service. I attempted to get on the first flight of the 23rd, where weather conditions had gotten MUCH worse. The flight was canceled due to REAL weather. It took sliding OFF the runway in the jet to determine this. After returning to the terminal after sitting on the plane for 2 hours, we were restricted to the terminal for another 2 hours before it was determined that the flight was canceled (due to the pilots being over flight hours at that point!) I spent an hour standing in line to be rebooked on the next flight. My intial flight was 2 stops with seating I had selected, my new flight was 3 stops, with seating in that uncomfortable spot next to the bathroom for 2 flights and a middle row for the next flight. I also found out the middle row spot was “given to me” by forcing a married couple into separate rows who had booked multiple weeks in advance as well. They noted that this happened on all of their flights as well so far!
After all of this I attempted to contact customer service via their online customer service. I was offered $50.00 in vouchers (noting that the flight change due to RADAR maintenance had already costed me over $400.00) and told there was no need to look into any of the problems I had mentioned, such as flights being canceled without notification, the safety issues, or anything else. The email attendant simply blamed all of the above on weather, which is a STANDARD Delta response from what I found.
Beware if your using this airline, baggage fees are only the beginning of your worries!

• 22 January 2012