Corporate Ethics & Service absent

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

Guest's review of BA British Airways - www.britishairways.com

“Corporate Ethics and Service absent”

Written on: 19/03/2012

My 19 year old daughter boarded a BA flight from Atlanta to Edinburgh on January 29. She became sick to her stomach, passed out and fell on the way from the WC to her seat. BA gave her oxygen, escorted her off the plane, called us and said we must come get her. We were not allowed to speak to her "not convenient" or given any details, in fact, we were not told initially that she fainted . The representative who called said she could take the same flight the next day if she was better, that there "was more room" and it would be "no problem, no charge".

We rushed back to the airport to find that she had been left in baggage claim, unattended. We found her weak, startled, but coherent. We took her to the doctor the next morning for a complete examination. Luckily, she was fine and declared fit to fly. A second BA representative whom we spoke with ytold us if we had a doctor's note, there would be no problem for her to fly.

We then drove 2 hours back to the airport with note and the names of the 2 BA representatives spoken to in hand. We were met with the most ill mannered ticket agent ever encountered. She said a Dr's note was "of no use" the agent I spoke with the day before was "busy and unavailable", my daughter "willingly left the plane" and the only way to get on the plane was to incur an additional $310 charge. (ticket had been purchased 10 weeks prior.)

We were in disbelief! All requests to speak with the agen who called were denied. I paid the fee, using a card and documented everything, including the fact that ticket agent could not provide an itemized statement of the fees charged.

I then wrote BA customer service and sent certified, return receipt mail, and faxed the sameon January 30. ON MARCH 16, I receive a response stating that there had been no mention of fees, and they would not be "able" to refund the amount of the second ticket.

UNTHINKABLE! leave a sick passenger inbaggage claim alone (who had a huge knot on her head from hitting the seat when she fell); To have two service agents tell a customer one thing , and a third one to go against it; to then take 6 weeks to respond, to then deny what two agents have said!

We will never fly BA again. Buyer beware!

Visit britishairways.com