No help when flights were missed because of delay

• Flight on time?

• Customer service

• Comfort on flight

• Quality of Entertainment

• Quality of food

sammonsl's review of American Airlines

“No help when flights were missed because of delay ”

Written on: 26/08/2014 by sammonsl (1 review written)

I flew with american airlines from dayton ohio to chicago ohare and we set on the plane in a holding area for almost 45 minutes because there were no gates open. I finally got off the plane and got my bag because we had to valet them and when i got to my gate where my next flight was at 856 pm and it was going to take off at 905 they wouldnt let me on the plane to catch my flight. the next flight out wasnt until 6 am in the morning so i needed to stay the night in chicago. The american airlines attendant said that because it was air traffic controls fault i missed my flight she couldnt help me get a hotel or anyting at all and that i would just have to stay in the airport. She did not do anything at all to help me or even acted like she cared that my flight was taking off as i am standing at the counter. There was no customer service and didnt offier me any assistance what so ever. She put the blame on air traffic control and told me to have a nice night there is nothing i can do to help you. needless to say i had to stay in the airport that night and get no sleep and get ona 6 am flight to atlanta and go straight to work. not impressed by the customer service at all and I had been flying first class on top of everything else. I wont be flying american airlines any more.